Secure, Flexible, Nationwide Network
MegaPath is one of the largest facilities-based providers of managed services in the United States providing voice, data, managed IT, and security services to enterprise and SMB customers. The MegaPath network is a nationwide, MPLS-enabled, all-optical IP network that provides high Quality of Service (QoS) to customers throughout the country.
Serving over 235 metro markets throughout the United States, MegaPath offers Internet connectivity via DSL, T1, Bonded T1, high-speed Ethernet, and cable with dedicated circuits providing a best-fit solution for business customers. Optimized for voice and security, the MegaPath network is a privately managed network that provides last mile connection, multi-layered security, and redundancy.
MegaPath: Single Source for Business Communications
Jeffrey Pearl, SVP Sales
Watch how MegaPath leverages its data, voice, and security services to enable businesses to lower costs, increase security, and enhance productivity.
- Read our Secure to the Core® White Paper.
MegaPath‘s Product Portfolio: Data, Voice, Security and Hosted IT for Small, Medium, and Enterprise Businesses
MegaPath provides businesses with data, voice, security and hosted IT services throughout the United States. Our IP voice services include hosted PBX and SIP trunking solutions. MegaPath's data services include T1, DSL, and high-speed Business Ethernet. MegaPath’s security services are customized for private networking, remote accessibility, and provide data protection. Our hosted IT services help you improve collaboration, reduce costs, and eliminate the risk of data loss.
- Value of Voice. MegaPath's VoIP solutions—including Hosted Voice, SIP Trunking, and Enterprise Trunking—provide businesses with high-quality, affordable calling solutions that deliver collaboration features that traditional phone systems cannot match. Whether you manage your own PBX or want a hosted solution, MegaPath can save you more than 50% over traditional phone systems.
- Affordable high-speed data services. Select from a range of asymmetrical and symmetrical data—including popular Business Ethernet—to save money and meet your rapidly changing communication needs. All circuits come with quick installation, aggressive SLAs, and virus protection.
- Managed Security services are customized for individual business needs. From private networking to data protection and PCI compliance, our managed security options are designed for single and multi-site businesses.
- Hosted IT Services are cloud-based technologies for business of any size. They help businesses control costs, optimize systems and network performance, protect proprietary data, and improve productivity, efficiency, and communication.
- Single Source for Business Communications. One bill, one contact for support, and one network solution simplifies communications management and takes the expense out of even the most complex voice and data solutions.
- Specialized knowledge and application in the retail, hospitality, and healthcare Industries.
- Data Security protection with every circuit.
- Networking performance monitoring for enterprises customers.
- Network Reach. As one of the largest facilities-based managed services provider, we can connect businesses throughout the entire U.S.
MegaPath’s MPLS Service
Multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS) is an Internet-based mechanism in high-performance telecommunication networks that directs and carries data from one network node to the next with the help of labels. It tags and prioritizes voice, video, and Internet traffic moving over the system, and assigns the traffic to the correct class of service (CoS), which ensures voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) communications and videos have optimal sound and playback quality. With MPLS, IT managers can control their bandwidth costs by prioritizing data applications. To improve packet exchange, MPLS integrates Layer 2 information about network links (bandwidth, latency, usage) into Layer 3 (IP) within a particular system or ISP.
- Speed. Routers can forward packets faster, because they only need to inspect a short label, instead of the traditional “longest-match forwarding” used at the network layer.
- Disaster Recovery. Gives network operators a great deal of flexibility to divert and route traffic around link failures, congestion, and bottlenecks.
- Connectionless Services and VPNs. Because MPLS offers a connectionless VPN, you do not need the tunnels and encryption for network privacy, eliminating significant complexity.
- Any-to-Any Connectivity. MPLS-IP VPN creates a private, meshed network of the customer’s locations and—unlike the Internet—is as secure as frame relay or ATM.
- Smooth Layer2-to-Layer3 Transition. Support for Layer 2 protocols also enables customers to smoothly transition from a traditional Layer 2 network—such as frame relay and ATM—to an MPLS-based IP VPN without making expensive and disruptive changes in their equipment or addressing.
- Flexible Addressing Support. An MPLS-based IP VPN supports any type of customer IP addressing, providing enterprises with maximum flexibility.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) is not required. Because every private address is translated to a public address, NAT typically is a significant inconvenience for large networks.
- Quality of Service (QoS). ‘Industry-best’ QoS with eight levels of Quality of Service managing different kinds of data streams based on priority and service plan.
- Improved performance. Minimize packet loss, jitter, and latency making it an ideal solution for streaming media, video, and IP voice.