Secure, Nationwide IP Network
MegaPath is a leading provider of managed network, security and cloud-based services. We operate a nationwide, MPLS-enabled, all-optical IP network that’s optimized for business-critical applications like Voice and Security. Our IP backbone is a high-performance telecommunication network that prioritizes real-time applications, while consolidating all of your traffic onto a single network. It supports thorough redundancy and enough capacity to handle current bandwidth demands and significant future growth.
MegaPath offers broadband coverage in 235 metro markets throughout the United States, including Business Ethernet, T1, Bonded T1, DSL, and Cable with dedicated circuits providing a best-fit solution for business customers. MegaPath's cloud services are on-net to our 1 GigE backbone, which makes them an ideal option for businesses seeking superior systems and network performance and secure access to a scalable infrastructure.
MegaPath‘s Product Portfolio: Data, Networking, Voice, Security and Cloud for Every Business
MegaPath provides businesses with Data, Networking, Voice, Security and Hosted IT services throughout the United States. We leverage our IP backbone network to deliver tailored, managed network services that address the network security needs for multiple offices, and the remote access needs of your widely distributed workforce and partners. Our Voice over IP (VoIP) services include hosted PBX and SIP Trunking solutions. Our Data services include high-speed Business Ethernet, T1, DSL, and Cable. We also offer Managed Security Services that are customized for private networking, remote accessibility, and data protection, while our Cloud services help you improve collaboration, reduce costs, and eliminate the risk of data loss.
- Private Networking and Managed Security. From private networking to data protection and PCI compliance, our Managed Security Services eliminate security gaps, enforce appropriate use policies, promote regulatory compliance, and reduce total cost of ownership without negatively impacting your network, bandwidth, and financial resources.
- Affordable high-speed Data services. Select from a range of asymmetrical and symmetrical Data services—including popular Business Ethernet—to save money and meet your rapidly changing communication needs. All circuits come with quick installation, aggressive SLAs, and virus protection.
- Value of Voice. MegaPath's Voice solutions—including Hosted Voice and SIP Trunking—provide businesses with high-quality, affordable calling solutions that deliver collaboration features that traditional phone systems cannot match, often for about half the cost.
- Hosted IT Services are cloud-based technologies for businesses of any size. Solutions, including Hosted Exchange, Hosted SharePoint, Data Backup, and Cloud Hosting, help businesses control costs, optimize systems and network performance, protect proprietary data, and improve productivity, efficiency, and communication.
- Single Source for Business Communications. One vendor for all of your business locations, one contact for support, and one bill for your telecom services simplifies IT management.
- Leverage specialized industry knowledge including Retail, Hospitality, and Healthcare.
- Networking Performance Monitoring. Gain complete visibility into your network, order status, and account administration. Customers are able to monitor jitter, packet loss, and MOS score, and review circuit monitoring performance results.
- Nationwide Coverage. MegaPath can connect your business locations throughout the U.S.
MegaPath’s MPLS Service
Multi-protocol Label Switching (MPLS) is an Internet-based mechanism in high-performance telecommunication networks that directs and carries data from one network node to the next with the help of labels. It tags and prioritizes voice, video, and Internet traffic moving over the system, and assigns the traffic to the correct class of service (CoS), which ensures voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) communications and videos have optimal sound and playback quality. With MPLS, IT managers can control their bandwidth costs by prioritizing data applications. To improve packet exchange, MPLS integrates Layer 2 information about network links (bandwidth, latency, usage) into Layer 3 (IP) within a particular system or ISP.
- Speed. Routers can forward packets faster, because they only need to inspect a short label, instead of the traditional “longest-match forwarding” used at the network layer.
- Disaster Recovery. Gives network operators a great deal of flexibility to divert and route traffic around link failures, congestion, and bottlenecks.
- Connectionless Services and VPNs. Because MPLS offers a connectionless VPN, you do not need the tunnels and encryption for network privacy, eliminating significant complexity.
- Any-to-Any Connectivity. MPLS-IP VPN creates a private, meshed network of the customer’s locations and—unlike the Internet—is as secure as frame relay or ATM.
- Smooth Layer2-to-Layer3 Transition. Support for Layer 2 protocols also enables customers to smoothly transition from a traditional Layer 2 network—such as frame relay and ATM—to an MPLS-based IP VPN without making expensive and disruptive changes in their equipment or addressing.
- Flexible Addressing Support. An MPLS-based IP VPN supports any type of customer IP addressing, providing enterprises with maximum flexibility.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) is not required. Because every private address is translated to a public address, NAT typically is a significant inconvenience for large networks.
- Optimized Application Performance. Class of Service (CoS). Network traffic types, such as VoIP and video, are prioritized based on assigned Class of Service (CoS) levels for optimal performance.
- Improved performance. Minimize packet loss, jitter, and latency making it an ideal solution for streaming media, video, and IP voice.