MegaPath Introduces Unified Communications Solution to Enable Businesses to Operate More Efficiently, Improve Collaboration and Empower Mobile Workers
Solution Delivers Full-Featured Telephony Experience with Voice and Video Calling, Presence, Instant Messaging, Screen Sharing and SMS Text across Desktop and Mobile Devices
Pleasanton, Calif. – August 25, 2014 – MegaPath Corporation, one of the leading providers of managed voice, data, security and cloud services in North America, today announced the launch of its Unified Communications service, integrating its IP voice telephony capabilities with enhanced collaboration features such as screen sharing, presence, instant messaging, SMS text messaging, and video conferencing.
“The VoIP services market is expected to see continued strong growth worldwide, reaching $88 billion by 2018,” said Diane Myers, Principal Analyst for VoIP, UC and IMS, Infonetics Research. “The combination of the mobile nature of today’s workforce and the movement of additional applications to the cloud are continuing to increase demand for solutions that enable employees to easily connect with their colleagues, partners and customers. MegaPath is positioning itself well within the market with the launch of its Unified Communications offering.”
“A traditional calling solution is not enough for today’s fast-paced business environment. Today’s mobile and resource-challenged workers require more freedom and flexibility in how they communicate with their colleagues, teams, partners and customers,” said Dan Foster, President, MegaPath. “MegaPath’s Unified Communications solution allows employees to easily and instantly connect and collaborate in a variety of ways from any device using their business VoIP number, regardless of whether they’re in the office or working remotely.”
Unified Communications is available as an add-on to MegaPath’s Hosted Voice service. The combined solution includes telephony capabilities with over fifty calling and mobility features such as voicemail transcribed as email, call recording, and conferencing, as well as the following Unified Communications capabilities:
- Presence – Users can see the availability of their colleagues within the MegaPath softphone client to aid in successful and swift communications. Employees can also set their presence status so their contacts know how and when to reach them, and establish unique presence status privacy rules for individual contacts.
- Instant Messaging – Users can send and receive instant messages to their corporate contacts and colleagues as one-on-one or group conversations, avoiding phone tag and lengthy delays on email responses.
- Video Calling – With face-to-face conversations, users can see real-time reactions of colleagues, prospects and customers, resulting in more personalized conversations and better meeting engagement.
- Screen Sharing – Users can invite up to 100 colleagues to view their desktop screen without requiring attendees to install a client. Employees initiate the screen share and text or IM the meeting link from within the same program. Attendees simply click a link to join.
- SMS Text Messaging – Users can text their contacts using their Business VoIP phone number instead of their personal cell numbers from within the UC client across their devices. Additionally, employees can leverage free WiFi to chat with colleagues and customers in real-time without incurring the traditional fees for similar services from a wireless provider.
To learn more about MegaPath's Unified Communications solution, visit www.megapath.com/uc.
MegaPath Corporation operates one of the largest end-to-end communications networks in the country, providing both commercial and wholesale services. The company provides a full range of data, voice, security and hosted IT services for small, medium and enterprise businesses nationwide, as well as wholesale solutions to the carrier and service-provider markets. MegaPath helps businesses easily and securely communicate between their headquarters, employees and business partners to lower costs, increase security and enhance employee productivity. To learn more about MegaPath’s managed IP data, voice, security and hosted IT services, please visit www.megapath.com.
MegaPath Media Contact:
Welz & Weisel Communications