T1 Frequently Asked Questions
View all questions and answers.
- What is Bonded T1?A T1 is an industry-standard 1.5 Mbps circuit used to carry voice and data packets. Bonded T1 consists of up to four 1.5 Mbps T1 circuits that behave as one circuit. Speeds are available up to 12 Mbps.
- How does Bonded T1 work?MegaPath Bonded T1 uses inverse multiplexing to use the full capacity of the bonded circuit. Inverse multiplexing (IMUX) divides traffic from a single bit stream among multiple circuits. This means that traffic from a single source is distributed across the individual circuits to make use of the 3 Mbps, 4.5 Mbps, 6 Mbps, 7.5 Mbps, 9 Mbps, 10.5 Mbps, and 12 Mbps of bandwidth.
- Where is Bonded T1 available?Bonded T1 services are available nationwide in all major metropolitan markets where single T1 is available.
- What hardware is required?All required hardware is provided by MegaPath as part of your T1 service.
If you already own a router you would like to use, please work with your MegaPath Business Solutions Consultant to determine if it is compatible with MegaPath T1s.
- The router must be network compatible.
- The minimum memory suggestion is 128 MB of SDRAM and 32 MB of Flash.
- The CPU must be fast enough to pass traffic at your chosen speed.
- What T1s can be bonded?T1 circuits must be 1.5 Mb MegaPath T1 circuits on the same POP and at the same customer location.
- What is the installation process?The individual T1 circuits will be professionally installed within 30 days of order placement. A MegaPath Business Solutions Consultant will contact you to set up a time to walk through the installation process.
- Can I keep my IPs?If you have an existing MegaPath T1 circuit, we can transfer the IPs from your existing circuit to the bonded circuit.
- What is Proactive Monitoring?This advanced hosted monitoring service helps ensure your network health receives the highest level of attention from MegaPath’s Network Operations Center. Proactive Monitoring enables MegaPath to constantly check the status of your network—24/7/365—to maximize the availability and minimize the mean time to restore your connectivity should an issue arise.
Proactive Monitoring enables MegaPath to resolve issues before you are aware of them and takes the guesswork out of your network’s health. It increases the availability SLA of your T1 service to 100%.
To perform the monitoring, MegaPath continuously pings your network to evaluate its availability. If we detect an issue, we will automatically contact you via email, create a trouble ticket, and quickly work to resolve the issue and minimize your network downtime—all without you having to take any action, which is particularly valuable if an issue occurs during off hours.
Benefits of Proactive Monitoring
- Improved availability
- 24/7/365 network health monitoring
- Automatic notification of network issues
- Automatic trouble ticket submission
- Reduced issue-resolution times
- What kinds of backup access services do you offer?The same great fast, reliable, and affordable business-class Internet solutions from MegaPath are available as a managed failover solution. MegaPath’s Wireless and Broadband Managed Failover Services detect access issues with your primary wireline connection and automatically switch traffic to the backup connection to keep you connected and your business working. With MegaPath Proactive Monitoring and Managed Failover services, the availability SLA for your T1 service increases to 100% so you can be assured of business continuity. Learn more (PDF) >>