Get the best of both worlds: Virtualization and dedicated IT assets.
Many customers discover they have unique requirements as they prepare to migrate to a cloud environment. Because the best solution for your business may span more than one platform, MegaPath Hybrid Cloud allows you to provision virtual servers and physical servers on the same secure network, giving you the flexibility of in-house applications with the fault tolerance and scalability of cloud-based services. IT organizations can expand their capabilities and create a more agile and cost-effective IT environment by mixing and matching local infrastructure resources to create the desired, and most effective cloud environment. MegaPath Hybrid Cloud enables you to connect your hosting services—including Private Cloud, Enterprise Cloud, and Dedicated servers—so you can create a scalable, adaptable infrastructure that meets your business’ exact needs.
Features and Benefits
- Expand the capabilities of your IT infrastructure
- Get scalable network storage
- Leverage your own assets while enjoying the benefits of multiple deployment models
- On-net to MegaPath’s OC-192 backbone for superior network and broadband performance
- Flexible hosting options in Equinix SSAE 16 compliant data centers and/or customer premises
- Seamless migration and integration with customer’s existing VMware environments
- Keep mission-critical applications and information in-house on dedicated servers to meet specific regulatory or security requirements, while reducing storage costs and obtaining the ability to rapidly scale as needed for other applications
- Fully managed or self-managed using VMware vCloud Director
- High Availability (HA), automatic failover system with 100% availability SLA
- Fully redundant high performance 10G network, firewall, and IDS infrastructure
- Secure VMs
- Wide variety of operating systems including Windows and Linux and SQL databases
- Optional Site Recovery Manager (SRM) services for replication and Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Robust firewalling and IP load-balancing features with additional options available
Because the MegaPath Hybrid Cloud model enables large enterprises to combine dedicated servers in a hosted cloud with customer-provided devices, it is an ideal strategy for many.
Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
Your business’ data is invaluable, which is why MegaPath Private Cloud offers the optional VMware Site Recover Manager (SRM) services to replicate VMware environments in customer data centers to a Private Cloud hosted by MegaPath. This ensures your data is available when and where you need it. SRM is a convenient and efficient method for backing up your VMs and data to a secure MegaPath site.
Many customers do not have the expertise to migrate to a cloud environment it may not be obvious where to start. Our complete range of optional Professional Services will help you adopt and develop a flexible cloud computing approach that meets your business’ unique needs. Our Professional Services can be the bridge between your technology needs and a successful final result.
Available services include:
- Cloud Assessment and Design
- Cloud Migration Services
- Security Assessments and Firewall Administration
- Implementing Special Projects
- Reference Architecture Design
- Operations Assessments for Application Tuning, Load Balancing, etc.
- Disaster Recovery or Business Continuity Plans
- Remote Hands
Our experienced technical staff can customize and implement a successful solution design, migrate your data with minimal business impact, and plan for additional managed hosting services.