Hosted Voice Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions not covered here, please feel free to call our MegaPath Hosted Voice sales department at 866-270-7736.
View all questions and answers.
- What broadband speed do I need to use MegaPath Hosted Voice?A minimum of 384 Kbps—both directions (upload and download)—is required to support the first two voice calls. Additional bandwidth is required for additional calls. A MegaPath representative can help you determine how much bandwidth you will need.
- May I use MegaPath Hosted Voice with my existing broadband circuit?Yes, provided it meets the minimum speeds for both upload and download. Also, Quality of Service (QoS) is available only with MegaPath broadband.
- How clear will my voice calls be?Your voice calls will sound just as clear as traditional analog calls, if not clearer thanks to MegaPath HD Voice. Plus, MegaPath focuses on call quality and prioritizes voice over data throughout our network to give you the best possible call, every time.
- What happens to my voice calls if my connectivity is interrupted?If connectivity is interrupted, you will be unable to use your IP phone. You can, however, reroute incoming calls to an alternate phone through the Web portal or by calling MegaPath Support.
- Do I need new hardware with my service?Yes. Depending on the solution, you may need new phones, a voice gateway, and additional equipment.
- What are the primary benefits of MegaPath Hosted Voice?MegaPath Hosted Voice customers do not need to purchase, lease, or maintain a PBX. Customers also save money with free or low long distance rates. Moving, adding, and changing employee extensions can be accomplished with a single call to MegaPath. Also, MegaPath Hosted Voice has many advanced features that improve overall productivity—such as Hosted Voice Mobile, Find Me / Follow Me, and Visual Voicemail. These features are not available with traditional phone service.
- What do the calling plans include?MegaPath calling plans include unlimited inbound and local calling. Different plans include free calling nationwide, 22 international countries, or low metered rates. All calling plans include advanced features in addition to the standard calling features.
- Does MegaPath Voice support TRS?MegaPath also supports Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS), which allows customers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech impediments to communicate with other customers using our Voice services.
- How do I learn to set up and use my Hosted Voice service?Voice Administrators, and all end-users, can sign up for instructor-led training, view pre-recorded webinars, and read how-to documents and FAQs within our Voice Learning Center.