How Hosted VoIP Works
Moving your business phone system to the cloud is easier than it sounds.
With MegaPath's Hosted Voice service, you make phone calls using the same broadband connection you use for your business Internet service. Select among our flexible plans, value-added features, and VoIP phones. Desk phones and softphones communicate with the MegaPath Hosted Voice platform in the cloud for voice, fax, text, IM, presence, audio conferencing, screen sharing and HD video calling.
MegaPath Hosted Voice can be purchased as a stand-alone solution—customers bring their own broadband—or as a fully integrated Voice and Data solution with guaranteed Quality of Service (QoS).
Flexible VoIP installation options
With our self-install option, you can be up and running in about a week. Or, you can opt for a fully-managed installation with an onsite technician.
What you need:
- VoIP phones. Your account representative will help you determine which IP phones your business will need. Buy or rent them from MegaPath at competitive rates.
- Phone numbers. Start with new numbers or transfer numbers you already have. If your existing phone number is still with your previous provider, you can transfer it to your MegaPath account. After your MegaPath Hosted Voice Service is active, simply sign into the MegaPath Customer Portal and submit your transfer request.
- Toll-free and vanity numbers make it easy for your customers to reach you. Speak with your MegaPath representative or visit the MegaPath Customer Portal to purchase toll-free and vanity numbers.
- Broadband connection. Provide your own broadband, or purchase from MegaPath for guaranteed Voice Quality of Service (QoS) and service uptime. Select from a range of business-class options including Business Ethernet, T1, DSL, and cable.
- Voice-capable router. We recommend a router with Quality of Service (QoS) settings that can prioritize voice traffic over data traffic. A MegaPath representative can recommend one.
Guaranteed Voice Quality of Service (QoS)
Not all VoIP service providers guarantee uptime or service restoration timelines in case of an outage. Combine Voice with MegaPath Business Internet Access for the best call quality and reliability in the industry.
- Crystal-clear HD call quality
- Guaranteed QoS backed by Service Level Agreements
- 99.999% overall availability, the best in the industry
Hosted VoIP features that fit how you work
- Productivity Features. Each employee seat comes with more than 50 features, and we offer add-on features to ensure that your system meets your needs.
- Simple Self-Service Management. Our user-friendly customer portal makes it easy to transfer (port) your existing numbers to your MegaPath service, manage your services, add new services and equipment, pay your bill, and obtain support from your desktop computer or smart device. No need to tie up your IT department or keep telephony specialists on staff. Best of all, individual users can manage most of their own settings from their own computers and devices and easily make changes when desired.
Watch the Portal Overviewoverview
Take a tour of the Customer Portal >>
- Training. MegaPath offers Web-based training to help your users get the most from your service on day one. Sign up for live training, or watch it on demand. View available sessions at our information-rich Voice Learning Center.