How SIP Trunking Works
Phone and Broadband Service over a Single Connection.
- Trunks. Only purchase the trunks you need, which is determined by the maximum number of concurrent calls your business requires.
- Broadband. With MegaPath SIP Trunking and Enterprise Trunking, customers can bring their own broadband, or use with a MegaPath-provided broadband solution. By selecting MegaPath broadband, customers benefit from voice-optimized nationwide network—ensuring reliable connectivity and security, while providing consistently clear voice quality. Your voice service will run over a DSL, T1, Bonded T1, or Ethernet connection, leaving plenty of bandwidth for your data needs.
- Voice Gateway. MegaPath supplies a Router/IAD with its SIP Trunking services to support QoS, security and monitoring to ensure the optimal voice quality.
- Concurrent Call Capacity. With Enterprise Trunking, you can utilize the call capacity via your existing PBX equipment through the use of an IAD--which can provide direct SIP delivery to an IP PBX or convert the signaling to PRI or CAS as needed.
- Customer Network. MegaPath SIP Trunking works with your existing phone equipment and IP data network. There is no need to replace phones or equipment.
- Value-Added Features. Features—such as Auto Attendant and Audio Conferencing—are available as optional add-ons to your service for centralized call routing, disaster recovery, and multi-site integration.
- Faxing compatibility. MegaPath's faxing works with all analog fax machines.